Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Just a little past the point of done.

Taking a formal family picture with my Toppall team is always an experience that is best done with having gotten a good night of sleep, not being hungry, and hoping that the stars and moon are aligned.  My fingers are crossed and I hold my breath that all goes well until we are told by the photographer, she got at least one good photo taken.

During the weekend when the family came to surprise me, my sister Lori arranged for us all to have our picture taken on Sunday.  Again, another surprise! She had coordinated what we were going to wear. Lori shopped in advance and brought with her the clothes in the selected colors to make sure that we had the appropriate look.  Yes, that's the way sister rolls and one of the many reasons I love her.

You never know what you are going to get with my kids in front of the camera.  You only hope that there will be at least one good group shot.


Here it is:




Once we knew we got the great group shot, we tried different combinations.  Dad & Rita wanted a picture with just their family.    At this point, the kids were done, done, done.  How do I know?  Check out Ian and Samantha's expressions. 



This is one of my favorites.  My dad with his 3 daughters.



This is a pose that Ian always wants a picture taken.  He calls it his 3-legged dog and makes sure we get at least one photo like this.  This has been going on since Ian was 3.


This will be good practice for July 17th.  That is when we go back and do a picture with Jeff's parents and sister's family.  Wish us well.  At least we don't have a big German Shepherd to fit in the picture, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little late to the blog post, but LOVE the family pictures!

    ReplyDelete