Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vegas, Baby: Observations

Here are a few observations I made during our trip to Vegas.

1. Smokers are everywhere!  What is up with that?!!?  Have these people not gotten the memo that smoking is bad for your health?   I guess I've gotten a bit spoiled by living in a state where smoking in public areas has been banned.  I really can not stand the cigeratte smoke anymore and did what I could to avoid it. 

2. Bad cleavage.  Women everywhere were hanging out.  It didn't matter if they were tall, short, fat, thin, fake, real, beautiful or ugly.  These women had no taste, definintely were not wearing a bra, and were low class.  It was digusting.  There is something to be said for leaving something to the imagination.  A major "What not to wear" intervention needs to happen in Vegas.  If I never see bad cleavage again, it won't be a moment too soon.

3. Putting a $20 in a one cent slot machine doesn't last as long as you think it would. 

4.  It appears that 8 inch (or higher!) high-heeled shoes seem to be in fashion.  I am so not cut out to keep up with this trend.  I'd love to know how these women can around in these shoes.  A few of them looked like they were holding on to their significant other for dear life.  I took a few pictures because I couldn't believe how high these heels were. I'd have to say, at least 75% of the women were wearing shoes like this. Yowzer!!






5. It's never too early to start gambling in Vegas.  It helps that there are no clocks ANYWHERE and you never are exactly sure what time it is.

6. The customer service at the 1/2 price ticket booth is amazing!  The agents were even standing there holding an umbrella over your head to shield the sun while you waited in line.  They were incredibly friendly and knew so much about each of the shows. 

7.  Vegas is not a family destination.  Not one bit.  However, with all the kids that were visiting, you'd think they relocated Disney World.  It was crazy.  And we saw young, young kids (like babies, 3 year olds, 5 year olds, etc) out at all hours of the night.  Why in the world were these kids not in bed?  And where in the world were these kids walking to?  It made no sense and I felt bad that they had to be subjected to this.

8.  The music coming outside from each of the hotels was fun.  I liked how it seemed to be a party atmosphere, even if it was 8:00am in the morning.  Very similar to New Orleans where you can carry your alcoholic beverage out on the open in the streets and the appropriate time to be drinking doesn't seem to matter.

There you have it, my observations.  Stay tuned for the last installment of "Vegas, Baby: Hotels - ones that rock and ones that don't."

No comments:

Post a Comment