Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apple Picking!

Yes folks, it's time for our annual trek to pick apples.  Same place, same time of year.  The only thing that changed this year was Jeff didn't come with us.  Hmmmm.  Could it be that he really had mountains of work and a looming deadline?  Or, possibly was it that he didn't want to deal with apple picking this year?  We will never know for sure. 

It is now very apparent that I am the only one in the family who really enjoys apple picking.  When I told the family our plans, everyone was coming up with reasons why they didn't want to go.  I gave my little speech that I use only in rare situations:  "I don't ask much from this family. This is something I want to do, so we are doing it."  After I got done being laughed at it was decided we were going. 

Losing Jeff didn't stop me or even give reason to reconsider.  We arranged to go again with the same family as last year.  I got us to our destination in record time and didn't get lost.  Woo-hoo!!  This is cause for celebration.  It was a very fun afternoon.  And I am proud of the kids for not whining or asking if it's time to leave yet.  Between me and you, they had a wonderful time too.  But you can't tell them that I know.

Waiting for our friends to arrive.

I love this picture of the 3 of us.

Checking to see if the apples are tasty.



Yum!

Climbing the trees is part of the fun.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment