Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Happiness.

Not too long ago I was making the transition from working for The Crazy Man to dropping the car off at home and walking to get the kids at school.  I needed to use the bathroom and quickly went inside the house.  I saw there were 2 voicemail messages on our home phone and pressed play.

Call #1:

Hi, this is Ian's gymnastics coach.  I am so proud of Ian.  I think he is totally a different child from last year.  He is stronger, he has a fantastic attitude and he is a very positive influence on the other kids.  I am really proud of how he's doing and the skills he is getting.


Call #2:

Hi, This is the guidance counselor from the school.  No emergency.  I am just calling with good news.  Samantha won the Soaring Falcon Award for the week.  This is a new program we are rolling out to identify and congratulate students that are doing a great job, always doing their best, following directions, being a good role model.  And Samantha certainly fits the bill.  She was nominated by her teacher to get this award.  She should come home today with one in her backpack.  It's a certificate.  She is invited to have popsicles with the principals tomorrow afternoon. She is a super kid.  Please know how proud of her we are.


How amazing is this?!?!  I hardly ever get messages that aren't the robocalls.  And this wasn't just one amazing phone message, but two!  It was perfect that each child got their own call. Listening to these made my eyes tear up with joy.  For one brief moment I felt like Jeff and I were doing a great job raising them.  At least for that day.  I couldn't wait to get the kids from school and have them listen to these calls.

I've listened to the messages about 5 times now.  I do not plan to erase them for a very long time.  I am so proud of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment