Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Opening weekend.


The trailer for the movie, "Gravity" came on tv one day last week.  Jeff very casually mentioned, "I'd like to see that."   It's rare to hear him say these words.  While Jeff loves the movies, he can usually be found wikipediaing it rather than going to see it on the big screen.  I know, there is something very wrong with this method.  But hey, that's Jeff for you.  Me, on the other hand, can't get enough of the movie theatre experience.  I even get a strange perverse thrill from seeing movies that are so horrid you want to run screaming from the theatre.  Those films give me material for years to make fun of with my movie-going friends  (you know who you are! :)

When I heard Jeff's comment, I knew I had to act fast.  I arranged a babysitter to come this past Sunday evening and surprised Jeff with a date night.  This is HUGE!  We don't usually spring for a babysitter unless it is absolutely necessary.  It's hard to justify spending $60 to $80 just to be able to walk out the door; not to mention the cost of the movie, munchies and if we are really living large, dinner too.  Jeff has been working his butt off these past few months and I knew he (and of course me too!) could use a little fun -- you know, other than our regularly scheduled Sunday mornings.  :)

I was away on a girl's weekend when I called him and said I had a surprise for when I got back home.  Knowing me the way he does, he said it'd be best to tell him the surprise right then and there.  I guess Jeff missed me because he was totally ok with the surprise date night and said "I do want to see the movie.  And I do want to do a date night with you.  Ok."  Yep, just like that it all worked out.

We saw the movie in 3D.  It was worth the extra $.  I hadn't seen a movie in years in 3D.  Normally it is not worth it.  But for the movie, "Gravity" it totally worked and added an extra depth to Space.

The movie was fantastic. Sandra Bullock is amazing and an incredibly talented actress.  I highly recommend everyone see it, even if you need to plan a surprise date night to be able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment