Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Farewell

There will never be a good time to put Bailey down, but I think last night Jeff & I decided it was time. Around 10:00pm, he had a horrible nose bleed. If the kids had been awake, it would've surely terrified them. It freaked me out on how much blood came out of his nose.

I called the vet this morning and was able to get an appointment at 4:30pm this afternoon. I think Bailey has an idea of what is going to happen. He is acting very calm and keeps looking at me. We've already given him Frosty Paws ice cream for breakfast, and that has never happened before.

With Bailey, the nose bleeds are only going to get worse. Last night's was more blood than I'd ever want to see come out of one my kids. I keep telling myself this is for the best. Let him leave with dignity and an image in our minds we will want to remember him by.

Jeff is coming home early. He'll be with the kids while I take Bailey to the vet. I am going to stay with him during the procedure and hold his paw. I know, without a doubt, he would do the same for me.

This is so hard. But it is the right thing. Oh, I would give anything right now to be a little girl being told my dog went to go live on a farm.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Robyn. I am so sorry, I knew this day was coming, but I hoped I wouldn't be so soon.

    I am truly, truly sad for you. Bailey sounds like a great dog, and I know you will miss him terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. robyn...
    i'm so sorry! PLEASE call if you need anything at all! i know how hard this must be for you and your family. i think our run on sunday should be dedicated to bailey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Rebecca and Amy. The outpouring of support has been amazing. Yes Amy, I like that idea...let's dedicate it to Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn,

    I know today is not going to be an easy one for you but stay strong for Bailey and then lean on Jeff and everyone else . Bailey is loved and will be missed by everyone one.

    Hugs to Bailey and everyone!

    ReplyDelete