Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I feel so fortunate to be a mother and have a family. I am living my dream. I thank my husband for all he does to allow me to be home with the kids. I am pretty sure that I couldn't hand them over to a stranger to raise and since we don't have family close by, that is what would happen.

Some days being a stay-at-home mom is better than others. But the good far outweighs the bad. I love the little people these two offspring are turning into. I treasure each day I spend with them.

Mother's day takes on new meaning when you have someone calling you mommy. I can now appreciate how tough the job is to take care of a baby and raise a child. The sleepless nights, the endless diaper changes, making a boo-boo feel all better, dealing with temper tantrums and meltdowns, infinite meal preparations, and being a chauffeur everywhere from school, sports, classes, playdates and dr appointments. But with one smile, one giggle, one hug, one kiss, one 'I love you', all of the mommy challenges and monotony instantly disappears.

Growing up, I had a wonderful example of seeing a fantastic mom in action and hope to do even half as a good a job. Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there who make it look so easy, when I know full well it is anything but.

2 comments:

  1. In an odd (and sad) coincidence, I have a coworker who also had put down her German Shepherd about two weeks ago. I fwd her a link to this posting, and it brought her a lot of comfort.

    So, good on ya, Robyn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear in some small way I could help. It's not easy; German Shepherds are a very, very special breed. If its not too weird, please give your co-worker a big hug from me. Us mourners need to stick together. :)

    ReplyDelete