Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

May New Year's Resolution Experiment

Another month and another change can be checked off the list. My task for April was to take better care of my cuticles. Overall, I am happy with the progress I've made and for the most part, I did a good job of not picking them. I just don't think I'll ever have those kind of fingers that people would want to see modeling something...but then again, I guess these hands go along just fine with the rest of me. :)

I always thought my nails couldn't grow and if by chance they did, they'd break within the next day or two. But, I am came to find out that when I paid attention to my cuticles and put cream on them each night, miraculously, my nails would grow too and be somewhat strong. Who knew? My fingertips aren't perfect and I suspect it would take regular manicures and lots of effort to get them to improve much more than I am willing to do. I am happy I tried this change and will do my best to keep up the nightly cuticle cream application.




Now to announce my change for May. For the month of May I am going to do my best to bite my tongue - figuratively speaking of course. Jeff feels that I pick on him too much and my resolution experiment is to not find any fault or sarcastic remark to throw his way. This also includes the helpful suggestions I make when he is driving...sometimes it needs to be pointed out that the lane next to him is moving faster. Furthermore, if Jeff does something extremely dorky, I will not laugh at him either. I have a big mouth. This is going to be tough. But I am pretty sure I can do this. I'll check back with Jeff at the end of the month and see if I was able to accomplish my goal for May's change.

No comments:

Post a Comment