Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Summer of Pizza

If this summer will be known to me as the summer I sweat, than clearly this is "the summer of pizza" for the kids.  I am afraid the kids are going to turn into pizzas themselves.  Oy!  It is a little embarrassing how often it has become our go-to meal for lunch or dinner this summer. 

Is there any food easier to obtain, more reasonably priced, easier to eat (requiring very little utensils) and so kid-friendly?  I think not.  Pizza is one of those miracle meals in my opinion and makes dinner a snap, especially when you are with a group of friends and don't want the good times to end because something like dinner needs to happen.

I used to try to space out the kids having pizza on back-to-back days.  Now, my main concern is that they don't eat it in back-to-back meals.  Yes, pizza has become that prevalent in our lives this season.  It was very humorous when Jeff said, we need to get chicken nuggets back in the rotation.  Ha!! 

I know once Fall comes, we will get back into our routine and pizza will become its usual, once-a-week Sunday night treat.  However, until then, I am keeping the pizza place on speed dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment