Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Why yes, I am!

We used to bank with Wachovia.  Now through the power of the merger, we bank with Wells Fargo.  The other morning, I called Wells Fargo to ask a few questions about the electronic bill pay on their Website.  I was most concerned that our recurring monthly payment for the mortgage was about to come out 3 weeks early and cause some really big problems for us.

The kids were doing well and I decided I had a few minutes I could squeeze this call in.  The representative Marion took my call and couldn't be more sincere and happy to welcome me to Wells Fargo.  "Welcome!  Welcome!  Welcome!  We are so happy to have you here" is exactly how she greeted me.  I loved it!  Within a few minutes of trying to explain to her why I was calling, all hell started to break and the kids seriously sounded like they were killing each other.  Doors were slamming over and over again, blood-curdling screams were being heard, and very high-pitched and loud screaming/shouting/crying was added in nicely for more chaos.  It was very out-of-control, very quickly.  You would've thought I had about 10 kids in an all out war, rather than just the 2 I have.

In a very calm voice, Marion tells me, "Why don't you put the phone down for a few minutes, I'll stay on the line and you can go take care of that."

Take care of what I am thinking?  This is completely normal in my house.  hehehehehee.  I replied, "No, your coming with me.  This will only take a second."

I went up to Ian's room where the scene was going down, grabbed Sam and said, "Get out of your brother's room NOW!".  I carried her downstairs and gave her a cup of juice.  I figured by now, she was very thirsty from all the screaming and having her put a straw in her mouth would keep her from protesting having to leave Ian's room.

Within 30 seconds, the house was completely quiet and you would've thought I was alone and kid-free. 

Marion was the first to talk, "Wow. You are awesome. That was amazing."  

I will now be calling Marion daily.  I liked talking to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment