Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I can breathe again.

Back in June, my friend Jen and I signed up our kids for this great deal Certifikid was promoting.  One week of camp at JW Tumbles for kids ages 3 to 7.  It would be from 11:30am to 4:00pm each day, Monday thru Friday.  All for $99.  Yippee!!  Both kids could go, to the same place, during the same week, for a good amount of time.  And the icing on the cake was Jen signed up her two boys (same ages as my two) and we'd be able to carpool. 

We picked this past week for them to attend and the theme was going to be Gymnastics.  How wonderful given the fact that Ian is in to gymnastics right now and would really enjoy getting to do cartwheels and flips to his heart's content.  The only hitch was, everything we read said the kids had to be "Restroom Independent".  Oy!  I was assured by my friend that by the time the camp actually happened, Sam would be well on her way to being fully potty trained.  We had the WHOLE SUMMER to work on it, how could she not be?

Yep, you guessed it.  Fast forward to this past week, and as far as I could tell, Sam was more "Restroom Retarded"  than independent. She doesn't wear diapers anymore, but she may as well have for how she treats the pull-ups she sports.  I was very stressed thinking about the situation and wasn't sure what to do.  I knew if I never mentioned anything to JW Tumbles, I'd be holding my breath the whole week just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

PLAN A:
Put Sam in a dry pull-up as soon as she gets dropped off.  Give a bag of back-up clothing, stick a few pull-ups in there and hope for the best.  The staff at JW Tumbles said they take lots of bathroom breaks and everything would be fine.  I figured I had one good day before we got busted trying to fool them.


PLAN B:
As soon as I was told she wasn't allowed to stay at the camp anymore, I would hang out there the whole 4.5 hour session each day and attend to Sam's bathroom needs myself.  I'd bring my kindle and blend into the background not bothering anyone until I had to intervene.  At least Sam would be able to have fun and take advantage of this great camp.


HERE'S HOW IT WENT DOWN:

Monday and Tuesday came and went.  They never mentioned anything.  I did notice a pull-up was missing from the bag I left with her.

Wednesday, when I went to pick her up, the very nice lady in charge said, "I just want you to know she peed in her pants.  But she had a pull-up on, so everything is fine." 
"Yeah, I figured that was going to happen.  Are you throwing her out of here?", I timidly asked?  
"No, never.", my new best friend answered.

Thursday, we took it up a notch and Sam pooped, not once, but TWICE!!!  And get this, they didn't even mention it.  I heard about it from Ian. But another pull-up was missing and they took care of the situation.

Friday was the last day, and I knew we were in the clear.  But guess what?  Sam pooped again, BOTH pull-ups I left with her were used and they still never said anything.

The kids had an awesome time and loved every second being at JW Tumbles summer camp.  It was so much fun for them and I hope that Certifikid has this deal again next year.  It's a little too far distance-wise to justify paying the full amount ($225 for each kid, plus $50 member fee), but in a heartbeat, I'd sign up again at the discounted fee.  And we do have one more year where both kids will fall within the correct age span.

As for me being able to enjoy Plan A and not having to resort to Plan B, let's have this be our little secret, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment