Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Gramps Camp

Recipe for FUN:

1 set of grandparents
2 grandkids
2.5 days

Throw in a trip or two to go bowling, the Baltimore aquarium, and a visit to the pool.  Mix regularly with lots of love and laughter.  Add a dash of phone calls from me checking in. 

What do you have?  Gramps Camp.

Serves:  6




Ian and Sam just got back from spending Wednesday afternoon to Saturday at Jeff's parents house.  Family is very important to me and it goes without saying, that I want Ian and Samantha to have a close relationship with their grandparents.  What a better way to promote this than with Gramps Camp?  This was a term affectionately given to the experience by Jeff's sister, Elaine who has a frequent camper of her own.

The kids had a great time!  It was meltdown- and temper-tantrum-free!  And it was nice to have Jeff all to myself when he got home from work on Thursday and Friday.  It was a win-win-win all around.  The best part about this sleep away camp?  I don't have to check for lice.

I am ready to sign up for another session next Smmer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment