Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Shoes off, please!

It's here!  It's here!  Out with the old, in with the new.  The carpet has been replaced.  It is awesome!  I am so excited to have this done.  I love it!!!  I've been wanting to do this for so long.  I remember years ago, getting an estimate from Home Depot on what it would cost for new carpet.  I told the sales guy I just found out I was pregnant with Sam.  That was 5 years ago!!  So I figure in another 5 years I'll be able to tackle the kitchen.  Each year I wait, the renovation on what I want to do gets more complex. 

I was able to coordinate the carpet installation while the kids were at Grandma and Grandpa Toppall's house.  I needed to be home all day while the men got the job done.  It was so nice to not have to worry about the kids or keeping them out of the way. The carpet guys moved all the big furniture, but I had to take care of everything little. I mostly piled as much as I could in the bathrooms.  It took a good amount of  time to put it all back where it belonged.  Another great benefit of not having the kids around.  And then there was the ability to watch 9 episodes of season 4 of "Breaking Bad".  All in all, a good day.

I am thrilled with how it looks.


Next up:  The fireplace project.  Give me a month and I'll give you some before and after pictures.  There is nooooo stopping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment