Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nirvana!

I found myself in the rare situation where both kids were at camp from 9:00am to 3:30pm and I had the day completely to myself.  Yay!   The Man was out of town and didn't need me to work.  And the house was relatively clean and didn't need any upkeep by me.  I was able to get all my errands run within the first 2 hours (it's amazing how fast you can move when you aren't moving at the speed of a 4 year old) and could meet my friend for a movie and lunch.  With plenty of time available afterwards to do pick-up from camp.

I have to tell you, I felt like I was playing hooky!  Going to the movies during a weekday, without kids, when the rest of the world is in an office somewhere, is divine.  I loved this!  It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.  So incredibly delightful.   And a leisurely lunch afterwards was lovely. 

And the best part is, I can actually see this being possible to do more and more as the kids get older.  So very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. A well-deserved break/treat for one of the hardest-working moms I know.

    ReplyDelete