Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Return of Great Wolf Lodge



It's official, Great Wolf Lodge is my new favorite place!  My Toppall team and I went back for a return visit last week.  We didn't wait the six years (until the kids were a bit older) like I previously reported wanting to do after our first trip in March 2011. 

An opportunity came up when I heard some friends were going in mid-July.  School was out, Summer was on!  Our trip was scheduled for Tuesday/Wednesday and I made this our big activity for the week.  We kept these plans from Ian and Samantha and surprised them two days before we left.  Over the past year, Ian had kept asking when we'd be able to go back. He loved that we'd be going with 3 other families.  It was so much fun!  I've said it before, traveling with friends is the way to go!

Everything could not have been more perfect!  There was literally no crowds at all, the kids all had friends to hang out with, and Ian & Samantha behaved fabulously.  One thing Jeff and I couldn't get over is how well the kids slept.  Everyone was out for the night by 9:00pm (including Jeff).  Sam slept until 8:40am the next morning!  And Ian slept until 9:15am!  OMG!  I am pretty sure this has never happened before.  Usually our kids are the ones waking up before the roosters. 

During this visit, the outside area was open.  How nice to have another pool and restaurant at our disposal.  I can see the benefit of going during the Winter months and the Summer months.  There isn't a wrong time to do Great Wolf Lodge!

I think I am going to make this an annual trip.  There was a wall of pictures going down one of the hallways.  It showcased their most loyal customers.  Each frame held a picture of a family and a small plaque stating how many visits they've had.  It ranged anywhere from 35 to 53 visits each.  Yowzer!  And these kids in the pictures were on the young side.  I can't imagine going that many times -- they must be averaging once every other month at least.  I am not looking to break any records, but for a fun, easy to get to, great family place, this is where I'll pick to go!   The kids love it and so do I.  So.  Much.  Fun. 

The more, the merrier!





No comments:

Post a Comment