Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Heaven help us

The questions started innocently enough..."Is the gas on the right or the left?" "What does the wider one do?"

We were doing a power shopping trip in Hallmark (meaning I've got about two minutes to buy all the greeting card needs I have for the entire month) and Ian was quizzing me on the mechanics of how to drive a car. "Do you press them both at the same time?" That was the clincher when I realized he was teaching himself how to drive a car. And not just any car, my car. For the past day or two Ian has been jumping in the driver's seat any chance he has. He is measuring how much further he has before his feet touch the pedals.

On the way home from running some errands he told me that by age 9 he'll be big enough. His first stop is going to be Ho's Dynasty for lunch and then he is coming straight home. Ian told me that I'll be sitting in the passenger seat next time while he is driving.

Can I wear a helmet on this maiden voyage?

No comments:

Post a Comment