Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One letter changes everything

No one was more shocked than me when my phone rang at 5:45pm on Monday afternoon. It was the office manager of the GI doctor's office, letting me know she appreciated my letter very much and wanted to thank me for writing my concerns. She told me that they are rearranging the way they schedule patients for Dr. X so that in the event he gets held up at the hospital no one will be kept waiting excessively.

OMG!!! I couldn't believe my ears and was seriously impressed with how to heart this doctor and his practice were wanting to make things right. And to take the time to let me know the effect it was having was beyond fantastic.

I feel great and love knowing that patients everywhere may wait a little less to see the doctor because of me. I was smiling after getting the call from the doctor himself on Friday and have an even bigger smile on my face from getting the call from the office manager telling me their new way of scheduling. All because of my letter. The power of the written word. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment