Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Teenagers today - Update

Follow-up to the following blog entry - Teenagers today

The idea came to me like a light bulb going off over my head. I have a friend whom I've known my whole life (well, since I was 5) that has a baby girl just 3 months younger than my Samantha. In fact, her little girl's name is Samantha too. Total coincidence; as custom in the Jewish religion, both girls named after two different, but very much loved family members.

Amanda has multiple nannies who divide the week and take care of her Sammy. So before I totally started freaking out over my sister Meghan's lack of reliable friends, I called Amanda and asked if she had anyone in her circle that could do the job. Without even taking a breath, Amanda gave me the name and number of the perfect person. I called Jackie and to my delight found out she was available. We went over the details of the weekend and I booked her on the spot. Jackie does not have a family so I don't feel guilty taking her away from her kids all weekend. And, according to Amanda she is certified in infant CPR and does developmental work with the children. So by the end of the weekend, I expect Sam to know her alphabet and be reading.

A big sigh of relief that this can now be checked off the to-do list. I just wish this idea came to me sooner.

1 comment:

  1. What a great, alternative. Glad you found a reliable resource, and I bet Jackie is thrilled at the prospect of addt'l income (unlike those overindulged FL teens!!).

    ReplyDelete