Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mind readers need apply

We are now in full swing of the phase of raising a baby that I refer to as "I wish I could read her mind".

Samantha has strong ideas on what she wants and where she wants to go. Sometimes she'll bring us her shoes and put out her feet for us to put on her. Other times she'll just put out her arms and start a combo wail/moan sound until you figure out what she is looking at. It is incredibly cute when you finally pick an item up and say 'This?!?!?" and she gets the biggest grin and smile on her face. Yes, it took long enough to play detective and get to the bottom of it, but it was well worth it in the end when she is so incredibly happy and giggly with the much in-demand item finally in her hands.

Due to a lack of vocabulary and mobility, it is incredibly frustrating trying to figure it out. Oh, if only I could read her mind. There would be much more peace in our house. Who am I kidding? Even if I could read her mind, then I'd be wishing I could interpret what the dog's barking means, and how much I can actually push Ian to work on his letters/numbers before he truly "Can't take anymore" (his words, not mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment