Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Teething is Evil!

Let's all be thankful that we don't remember what it is like to cut a tooth. I can only imagine by Sam's reaction it is extremely painful. For some reason I don't remember Ian suffering like Sam, but then again, any of the more difficult aspects of raising a baby seem to get mentally blocked from my memory as soon as we leave that stage. Still, if my sleep is going to be affected, I usually can recall just how long that stage lasts.

Our teething remedies is baby oragel and Hyland's teething tablets. Unfortunately both take a few minutes to kick in and do their thing. Sam's sleep is getting majorly disrupted by all the teeth she is cutting. She will cry in her sleep or if it is bothering her enough, stand up in her crib and start a full-blown screaming fit. One of the best inventions ever created is the baby video monitor. It gives us a birds-eye view to see what she is doing without going in her room and disrupting her. Jeff and I do our best to not go in there and hope she falls back asleep before she gets used to us coming to her room in the middle of the night. As a last resort, I'll go rescue Sam from her crib and take her downstairs for a little cuddling time on the couch. We hit paydirt on Thursday night, when we were able to catch the last 30 minutes of "Little Miss Sunshine" on tv at 3:30am. This movie is a classic and I think even Sam enjoyed seeing Olive do her dance at the end.

I expect we will wake up soon one morning and she'll be grinning from ear to ear with all her pearly whites exposed. Her teeth will be starting the climb upward in her mouth. All things come and go in stages and we just need to grit our teeth and bear it until this one is over. No pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment