Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nothing wrong with planning early

The other day Ian was looking down at my toes and commenting on the color of my toenails. They are painted an electric blue. And why not? Where do I go that I need to look professional? Why not have a little fun?

Ian: Momma, you should paint your toenails that color when it is your birthday, because I want you to look pretty on your birthday.

Me: Aw thanks Ian, that is very sweet.

Ian: And I think you should have a Cinderella cake.

Me: A Cinderella cake would be nice. I am sure daddy will help you get one.

Ian: Oh no, we are going to make it. You are going to go downstairs and workout and daddy and me will be in the kitchen making the cake.

Me: Sounds like a great idea Ian.

Ian: How long does it take to bake a cake?

Me: About 15 minutes.

Ian: And how long do you work out for?

Me: 30 minutes.

Ian: Great, we will have 15 minutes left over.

OMG! I can't believe he did the math that fast and was correct. I was blown away, not only by his brilliance, but also by the sweet innocence that comes with wanting to do something nice and thinking that he'll actually have some time left over from attempting to bake a cake with daddy.

I should mention, my birthday is not until June...the very last day of June. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment