Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Bailey - A tribute

Bailey turns 9 years old today. I remember picking him out among his brothers and sisters with my friend Jennifer. And I remember bringing him home at 7 weeks of age with my friend Heather. He is a fabulous companion and was my best friend until we both made room for Jeff, Ian and Sam to enter our lives. I don't remember life before him and not sure I am ready to live life without him. I am still in a bit of shock over the news and since he continues to act like a puppy and have his usual amount of energy, I am in denial that the clock is ticking. My hope is the dr was wrong and Bailey pulls the wool over our eyes and lives for another 2 to 3 years. It would be my pleasure that I treat every day with him as it was his last. After all, that's the way we should treat everyone, right?

The biggest piece of advice I've received over the last week is to take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures to remember him by. Ha! For anyone who suggests this, doesn't know me that well. Here are a few of my favorites and I hope I bring a smile to your face. It is not my intention to make you cry, just realize how much he has been loved over the years and how much love he has brought to us. Happy Birthday Bailey!! A big doggy cake and frosty paws ice cream is in your future tonight.


When he was small enough to fit in your hands


Just a few months old


Got to love those classic German Shepherd puppy ears!


Bailey on his first birthday


Before Jeff - this was Bailey's side of the bed


Me and Bailey having some self-timer fun


Bailey as a puppy


A most patriotic pup!


Bailey and Jeff - the early years




Right after Jeff and I got engaged


All dressed up and ready for his big important role


Bailey was the ring bearer at our wedding

Annual family photo - 2006


Annual family photo 2007


You don't typically see a German Shepherd so relaxed that his ears are laid back.


I love the sweet expression on Sam's face looking up at Bailey


Annual family photo - 2008


Annual family photo - 2009


Over 3 feet of snow - 2010. Bailey had a blast playing in it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Robyn. A huge cake-filled Happy Birthday to Bailey! He looks like a sweet pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post definitely brought tears to my eyes, but what a great dog he is! He was such a cute puppy. I know this will be impossible, but try not to think about what's to come and instead, continue to enjoy your time with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the very first time I met Bailey. Shel and I had dinner with Jeff and you at your condo, he was so cute and just wanted to play the whole time we were there! I will always remember that day!

    Happy Birthday Bailey!

    ReplyDelete