Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cat naps

It's been almost a month since I did the hypnosis.  The biggest change I've seen?  I seem to fall asleep very easily, in the most random moments through out my day.  Either my days are starting too early and going for too long, or the suggestion for sleep was given to me instead of healthier living.

I was in the kiss 'n ride line at Ian's school for pick-up one afternoon.  I had the window down and a nice, Spring breeze was coming in the car.  The next thing I knew, I was asleep.  I am sure my mouth was hanging open and I looked like someone just shot me.  Just so you know, the car was in PARK and I was not endangering anyone's life.   A car in the other direction stops along side mine and the woman says, "Excuse me!  Excuse me!  Are you okay!?!?!?"   Of course, this startles me and I wake up and instantly say, "Yes!  Why are you asking?"   She points to the empty space in front of me.  There was not a car to be seen!  The entire space from mid-kiss 'n ride line to the school's doors was completely clear!   Oh my!!!  I was very, very embarrassed.  Also a little confused as to why no cars in the long line behind me honked their horn.  Unless they had been honking and I slept through it.

The next day I had gone to Honda to take my car in for an oil change.  I told my service guy that I needed to be out of there by 2:30pm.  He said no problem and I went to the waiting area for the next hour and a half.  I must've fallen asleep again because my service guy was saying, "Robyn, your car is ready.  Wake-up!  You said you needed to leave by 2:30pm."   Oh my!  The waiting room was full of people!  The tv was on loud!  And here I am snoozing away.   Fortunately Milton was watching the clock, because I certainly wasn't.

A few months ago, I was having a difficult time sleeping at night.  I was waking up for 2 to 3 hours in the middle of the night.  Even with all that, I wasn't napping during the day.  Now, I am back to getting a solid 7 hours of sleep and seem to need a little cat nap here or there.  Maybe it's genetic.  I think I come from a long line of nappers.  I remember my grandfather would fall asleep behind the wheel at red lights.  And my dad takes a nap pretty much daily.  Maybe when you hit a certain age, you have no choice but to take a few minutes when you can grab it and get a few zzzzz's.

No comments:

Post a Comment