Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

Let there be light!

It's official, I'm a grown-up.  How do I know this?  Because I am ridiculously excited by the recess lighting we had installed in our downstairs family room.  No one other than a grown-up would be this crazy over lighting. 

Originally our small light fixture went kaput and was no longer working.  I told Jeff I was going to call the electrician to fix it.  It was then that Jeff said, "You know what would be nice?  To have recess lighting in here."  Yes!! It would.  I can't believe I didn't think of the idea.  He was right. Very right.

Getting the lighting done has sparked a mini-makeover in the room.  We needed to bring in our neighbor to patch the small holes made by the electrician.  That got me thinking, let's repaint the room. I am now ditching the green color in favor of gray.  The painting happens tomorrow.  And since it is our neighbor doing the work, the painting will continue Wednesday, Thursday, and probably Friday too.  He was the one who built Samantha's closet back in her room.  Originally the job was to be a week.  4 weeks later and I was still waiting for all of the job to be done.  He does great work and is very reasonable.  You just can't have speed be part of that equation too.  If we ever get him to re-do our kitchen, we better be prepared to eat out for 6 months.

I've now become recess lighting obsessed.  Each room I walk into my house, I want to put in recess lighting.  It made such a huge difference in the room it was installed.  I am excited again about my house.  It's pretty cool how something small has made us all so happy. 

And, did I mention I have not one, but two dimmer switches to control the lights?  Yep, I'm a grown-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment