Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Funny Tale From The Crypt

This went down one afternoon while working for The Crazy Man:

Crazy Man:  Please call Sue.  I want to see if she can go to a dance.  Dial her number and I'll pick up.
Me:  Ok

Dialing Sue's phone number.  It rings and rings. Her answering machine answers.  Since The Crazy Man never picked up (which happens from time to time), I start leaving a message.

Me:  Hi Sue. I am calling on behalf of the Crazy Man.  He would like to speak to you when get a chance.  Please give him a call at
Crazy Man (picking up on the other extension): Hello? 
Me:  Yes, Crazy Man, Sue isn't there.  I am leaving her a message right now.
Crazy Man:  When is that dance?
Me:  It's on April 14th. That's a Monday. The dance is located in Falls Church.
Crazy Man:  What?  Falls Church?
Me:  Yes, Falls Church.
Crazy Man:  And did you say it was the 14th?
Me: Yes, April 14th. 
Crazy Man:  What band did I want to see again?
Me:  It's for ----
Crazy Man:  Ok, I will wait for the beep and leave the message.
Me:  The beep happened a long time ago. This conversation is her message.
Crazy Man:  Oh. Ok. When I get off the phone, we need to call Dr. X and tell them about the medication. And we need to write a check to my neighbor for yardwork he did.  Make it for $216.  Write in the memo:  $216 for materials, $4 for labor. 
Me:  That doesn't really add up.  Do you want me to make the check for $220?
Crazy Man:  Yes, that's what I meant.  $220.  And, we need to call Janie and give her my son's new address.
Me:  Ok.
Crazy Man: Why don't you hang up and I will finish leaving a message.
Me:  Ok.
Crazy Man:  Hi, this is The Crazy Man.  Please give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Yeah, I'm sure she's got his number.  The number to looney bin that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment