Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Got Kids?

One of the best inventions ever is the playdate.  An opportunity to get your kids together with another set of kids for a set amount of time; an hour, an afternoon, an overnight, whatever.  It can be at your house, or it can be at theirs.  Either way, it rocks!

With the kids at an age where you don't have to worry about them getting into something they shouldn't be messing with, and you don't have to change diapers, or bottle feed, or spoon feed, or worry about a nap schedule, playdates are simply wonderful.  Having 2 or 3 more kids over to the house is like having 5 less (my 2, plus the extra friends).  They entertain each other, socialize and you never hear the words, "I'm bored."  They keep each other active and moving.  When friends are over, the time flies by. 

When the playdate is happening at my house, I can take a supervisory role.  I will distribute snacks, keep an eye on them when they are outside and generally make sure they are not attempting anything that will land them an emergency room visit.  For the most part, I am able to relax and love seeing the kids interacting with their friends.  It warms my heart to see these friendships continue over the years. 

It's so nice when you have a few families you click with and the kids ages match up.  I love being able to help out my fellow mommy friends and I love knowing they are also available to help me out.  It takes a village to raise children.  And I love the families that live in my village. 

No comments:

Post a Comment