Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Music to my ears

Ian picked the violin to play as his string instrument in 4th grade.  He had never played an instrument before or was able to read music.  He took his opportunity to learn very seriously and practiced all hours of the day.  At school, Ian's instruction happened once a week and somewhere between October and May (with lots of snow days in the Winter), Ian became a musician.



This past Thursday, we got to see Ian in action.  85 4th graders, many of whom were playing an instrument for the first time ever, came together and put on a concert.  It was awesome.  They sounded amazing!

Not sure why the focus goes blury  again and again, but you can hear the sound without a problem.

Ian had a front row center seat!

Ian's special guests who came to watch.


I loved watching Ian play.  My mom came in town for this concert and we got to see it twice -- once during the school day and again in the evening.  My in-laws came from Baltimore for the evening performance, plus my mom, Jeff and Sam.  I am pretty sure we presented a bigger cheerleading section than other families.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment