Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Sam's most awesome prank

Sam did something that had us all laughing.  It was simply awesome of her to think of this, execute flawlessly!, sit back and watch the results.  Pure brilliance!

Each year, the night before the kids' birthdays, I wait for them to fall asleep and go across the street to Safeway.  I buy the biggest balloon I can find.  I'm talking like the balloons that cost $16 each.  I take it home, sneak it in to their room (while they are sleeping), so when they wake up in the morning (on their birthday), the first thing they see is this crazy-big balloon wishing them a happy birthday.  I've done this every year for each of the kids, since they were born.  Just something to make their day a bit more special. 

The balloons last for a good month after their birthdays.  So it is floating around the house, and can be found in various rooms depending on what the kids do with it.  A few days after Sam's birthday, Ian is downstairs playing on the Xbox and Jeff & I are sitting in the living room chatting on the couch.  Sam comes running up to us, with her hand on her mouth trying to keep the laughter from erupting out of her body.

Sam (whispering to me):  You are not going to believe what I just did...giggle, giggle.

Me:  What did you do?

Sam:  I clipped the balloon to the back of Ian's shirt. And then I ran away.  He doesn't know....giggle, giggle.

Me:  Oh, that's awesome Sam.... giggle, giggle.

Jeff (realizing something is going on):  What did you do Sam?

Sam (whispering to Jeff):  I clipped the balloon to the back of Ian's shirt...giggle...giggle.

Jeff:  Hehehehehehe.

Ian:  (FINALLY figuring out something is going on):  What happened to my shirt?

Ian is now running up the stairs towards us, while the balloon (this really, really, really big balloon) is trailing him.   Jeff, Sam and I bust out laughing.  Ian is completely clueless.

Gosh I love this girl and that she thought this up all on her own.  So incredibly hilarious!

This is a picture of the balloon that Sam attached to the back of Ian's shirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment