Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

My crazy shoe story

In my blog titled "Magical, part 2" I spoke of a crazy shoe story.  Here it is:

When I took Sam to Kohl's to get a pair of sneakers, we ran into Heather and her entire family (including her mom and stepfather!).  They were clothes shopping for her family as Mike's father had just passed away and the kids needed some appropriate clothing for the wake and funeral.  Gosh, I love Heather. She is truly an amazing person.  Not sure how she does it with 4 kids and multiple part-time jobs, but she makes it look easy and is always ready to lend a helping hand to a friend or her children's schools. She's one of those people that manages to fit 28 hours in a 24 hour day without breaking a sweat and always with a smile on her face.  She could give a master class in organization and multi-tasking.   Ok, enough about Heather...let's get on with the story.

Sam and I make our way to the shoe area.  She finds an awesome pair of skechers sneakers and is thrilled with the cushioned sole.  As we are leaving the shoe department to go check out, I run into Heather again and see her trying on these super-cute shoes.  I instantly fall in-like with them.  I personally don't need another pair of shoes, but I can't resist trying them on.  Yes, they are comfortable, look good and very reasonably priced.  I will take them!

 We are leaving to meet Jeff's family for dinner in about an hour.  I had a different outfit in mind, but decide to switch things up to wear my new pair of shoes.  When Sam and I walk in the house, Jeff sees the two boxes of shoes and questions the purchase.  "Sam got 2 pairs?"  (He would NEVER have a problem with this if I said yes.  If Sam needs 2 pairs, get Sam 2 pairs).  However, the extra pair of shoes was for me.

Me: No, I found a pair of shoes too!

Jeff:  I didn't know you needed new shoes.

Me:  I don't.  But that's why I am never in a panic over shoes.  I am always one-step ahead of being barefoot.  :)

Anyway, we get to Cafe Deluxe for dinner in Bethesda and in the middle of the meal, Sam has to go to the bathroom.  I go with her and while waiting for her to come out of the stall, a woman next to hers comes out and says to me the following:

Lady in the bathroom:  Oh, I thought it was my daughter that walked in.  She has the same pair of shoes as you!  In fact, I have them too and my daughter-in-law too!  We all have them.  We love those shoes.  We get them each year, in different colors.  They are sooo comfortable!

Me:  I know!  I just got these 2 hours ago.  I'm excited about them too!

Lady in the bathroom:  You are not going to believe this.  My daughter paid $200 for her pair!  I got mine for $79 at Macy's.  How much did you pay for yours?

Me:  $39 at Kohls, plus, I had Kohl's cash and a $10 off coupon. So they were practically free.

Lady in the bathroom:  What brand?  Is it Ralph Lauren?

 Me:  Yes (taking off the shoe to confirm), it's Chaps...that's Ralph Lauren's brand.

Lady in the bathroom:  Oh my G-d!!!!!  Where is there a Kohls???  Where is the nearest Kohl's???

Me:  I don't know, I come from the Fairfax area.

Lady in the bathroom leaves in shock.

I'm feeling pretty good about this shoe purchase.  What a great deal!

Yep, these are them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment