Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer lovin'

School is out this Friday.  Could we be any more excited that the school year is finally over?  I honestly don't know who in our family is happiest that our Summer officially begins this Friday at 1:45pm.

We have some AWESOME summer plans.  It's actually like a pinch yourself (is this really happening?) moment on what we've got going on.

We are kicking off our Summer with a bang!  On Sunday, my friend Susanne and I are taking the 5 kids (my 2, her 3) and hitting The Big Apple.   NYC for 4 days, 3 nights.  "Go big or go home" is my motto for this trip.  This will be our kids first time in the city and we have a fabulous itinerary; if I do say so myself.  :)   My hope is they fall in love with New York City as much as I do. 

The following week we are headed on a week long cruise out of Baltimore.  My in-laws are graciously treating us to this trip and joining us for the fun too!   The last time Ian was on a cruise, he was just 3 years old and doesn't remember any of it. I am looking forward to the Toppall duo getting to experience this for the first time too.   We make 3 stops; Port Canaveral (Orlando), Nassau (Bahamas) and Freeport (Bahamas). 

In early July, we have tickets to see Idina Menzel in concert in Baltimore.  I got all freaky and did our best to get the best seats as soon as tickets went on sale.  I can't wait to see her perform.

Late July finds me and the kids in Orlando.  I will be down there for 5 days and then leave the kids with my family for 2 weeks.  Mom and Jim will drive the kids back up to NoVa.  A few days later we hit the beach for a week in Ocean City, NJ.  We have the house right next door to my cousins' family -- just like last year!  We had such an amazing week and I can't wait for our kids to spend time together again.  This year, Lori, Ben and Rachel are joining us too.  It's a win-win-win!! Yay!   The only downside is, we increased the number of bodies in the beach house, but did not increase the number of bedrooms.   We will be thisclose for the week.  Jeff has already claimed sleeping on the porch.  He might be on to something with his plan.

I know Summer will be flying by super fast. I hope it doesn't move too quickly. I need lots and lots of time to decompress from homework and hearing about teachers who spend too much of their day yelling at the students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment