Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

The bus story.

In my earlier post I wrote about "A lovely way to start the day" and mentioned how the same city bus driver waves to my friend and I each morning as we do our walk at 5:30am.  Sometimes I am quite far around the curve from when he gets to the spot we usually see him and he still honks his horn to let me know he is driving by. 

Last Friday morning, my friend and I were crossing over Burke Centre Parkway (a good mile from where we usually see the bus) and on the street corner/intersection was the driver standing there not too far from his parked bus.  It must've been a few minutes before his route was starting.  He approached my friend and me as we were crossing the street.

Bus Driver (we find out his name is Anthony): Ladies, I want to come over and introduce myself.  I'm driver who honks and waves at you each morning while you are walking.

Us:  Hi!!!!

Anthony:  I wanted to let you know today is my last day. They've given us new routes and this is the last time I will be doing this one.

Us:  Oh, we will miss you.  We always love knowing if something were to happen to us on our walks, the bus will stop and help us.  You've been so friendly waving to us each morning.

Anthony:   I also wanted to tell you that you are both famous back at the West Ox Road terminal.  I was on vacation 2 weeks ago and a few other drivers took over my route.  When I got back to work, they all wanted to know who the pretty ladies were that were waving to them each morning.  And they wanted to know what I was up to getting them to wave like that. 

Us (we didn't even know that the regular guy wasn't driving):  Oh my gosh!  That is too funny!   You make our day honking and waving to us each morning.  Thank you for letting us know this is your last day.

Anthony:  I will see you in a few minutes...

And we ended our conversation with hug. 

How hilarious is this!?!?!  I've already heard from my friend that she has met the new bus driver while I was in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment