Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Plumbing woes

We recently had an eye-opening experience with a company we thought we could trust.  We had a maintenance contract for plumbing (it has now been cancelled!) and found out the hard way, that the plumber sent to do a routine maintenance check was a sheister!  In every sense of the word, he was a crook and took advantage of us.

In a bit of good news, we had a policy with Dominion Power to cover the replacement of a hot water heater and also included coverage of the main water valve.  Kudos to me for signing us up for this a few years ago.  Both insurance policies are getting used and our plumbing/water issues are not costing us anything to fix besides a few phone calls (and hours spent) with the company we thought we could trust to get our hefty deposit refunded.  Fortunately my efforts were successful in getting the refund.

We put the claim in late on a Friday night with Dominion Power.  One of the companies Dominion Power works with who handles their service calls promptly TEXTED me on Friday night and asked how bad our problem was -- did we currently have water?  Did we have a leak?  Could I text him a picture?  Oh my gosh!  How great is this guy?  I replied back, yes, we have water, no we don't have a leak.  Please, please, please take care of those who don't have water first. 

I then get a follow-up text on Saturday asking if we will be there on Sunday (Yes!!  Sunday!!!) morning.  The guy arrived between 9:00am to 10:00am.  After the visit, he texted me again what our coverage exactly included. And texted me yet again to let me know when he'd back.  All of our communication has been by text on my cell phone.  How awesome is that???

The other day I got a text message letting me know it was time to make my next dental appointment.  They've done away with the post card and moved to texting for reminders.

I love that texting has now moved beyond my friends and includes service professionals.  It is fabulous!!  And its even better when the person you are texting with responds back instantly. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about that whole thing with your former plumber. Thank goodness you’re able to get a refund. Also, there are other more reputable plumbing services out there, so you need not worry about the doing business with crooks next time. I hope that’s the last time you had to deal with plumbing woes though. Have a nice day!

    Traci Romero @ Harris Plumbing

    ReplyDelete